Posted on September 30 2016
Hey y'all! This is an exciting blog post for me because I am proud to say I am BELOW my goal weight I set for myself two and a half years ago. But with that type of a timeline, this has been a slow and gradual process as well as a lifestyle change.
Planning mine and Grant's wedding has me pushing it into high gear over the next few months to see just how fit I can get. I have more energy, I feel so much better, and I can confidently say I look better!
So I wanted to share how I lost it and how I am maintaining that loss. First off, I like to look cute when I work out. It literally makes me look forward to getting to work out knowing I'm gonna love the outfit. Lululemon opened their showroom right behind my store a little over a year ago. I have always adored Shea Williams, but since she became the manager and opened the store, I adore her even more. I help get her girly dressed up and she helps style me to slay it on my workouts. These pants are my latest obsession because they have so many pockets, I love the sheer mesh and of course the reflecting pieces. They are called the outrun tight. As you can tell from my pictures, I don't just work out in the gym, but with Mother Nature as well. And this top totally screamed my name in hot pink, but I also have it in charcoal and they are my go-to's. The Lululemon store is only open Thurs-Sat and they mirror my store hours so plan to come see the both of us one weekend.
Aa far as my workout regime, I mix doing the incline and weight training at Planet Fitness along with lots of cardio (both running and walking around my neighborhood) and using the Bowflex at home. I am sure to work out 4-6 times a week with weights being an emphasis at least 1-2 times a week. If you were to spot me around the neighborhood you would also see me break for reps of squats, lunges and push ups.
Now I have always been told working out is 20% of the work and the diet is the other 80% and I believe that is so true! I typically do not eat out Sunday evening through Friday at lunch. That means every breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack in between is straight from the grocery store or prepped at home. No processed foods - mainly veggies, fruits and meats. On the weekend I loosen up a little. I do not drink anything besides coffee, water, crystal light and sparkling water during the week. I do not drink any alcohol during the week (a normal week that is) and on the weekend I typically will drink Vodka with only water, club soda, sparkling water, an occasional sugar free red bull, and a small amount of fresh juice. I also allow myself to drink wine on the weekend, but again in moderation.
If you have any more specific questions about my workout atture, Lulu lemon favorites, diet, etc. just comment them below and I'll do my best to get them answered. Or if you just like this post and would like to see more regular fitness blogs, just let a girl know! Happy Friday everybody! 💪🏼👑